At English Academy Varna you can prepare for the following exam sessions:
|Exam dates in varna||Registration deadline|
8 April 2017*
|2 March 2017|
15 July 2017
|8 June 2017|
21 September 2017
|15 August 2017|
9 December 2017*
|2 November 2017|
*for candidates, registered at English Academy Varna
English Academy provides IELTS preparation courses for the Academic module 4 times a year. Please check IELTS Preparation course for more information.
How to register the IELTS:
You can register for the IELTS exam at English Academy. Please bring with you your ID card/passport and a proof of a bank transfer, complete. If you are unable to come you can send a person with your notarised written agreement and with a copy of your ID card/passport to register you.
The fee for the test for 2017 is 385 BGN. Fees must be paid by bank transfer to British Council bank account:
CITIBANK, 2 Maria Luiza Blvd., Sofia
IBAN Leva account: - BG77 CITI 9250 1051 0015 01
Why take IELTS:
IELTS is recognised by more than 8000 institutions in over 135 countries. IELTS is widely accepted as a proof of English language ability by educational institutions in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, the European Union and other countries. IELTS is also required for emigration to Australia, New Zealand and Canada. The IELTS certificate is valid for 2 years.
You can look for a recognising institution by using the IELTS Global Recognition System, an interactive tool designed to help you find universities, professional organisations, employers and government agencies around the world that accept IELTS.
IELTS exam is suitable for you if you are:
- going to enter an English-speaking school, college or university
- intending to emigrate to United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, Australia or other English-speaking countries;
- planning to attend training courses in an English-speaking environment;
- interested in enhancing your overall language skills.
IELTS is available in two test formats:
- Academic Module: The Academic format is for those who want to study in an English-speaking university or Institutions of Higher and Further Education. Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses is based on the results of the Academic test.
- General Training: The General Training format focuses on basic survival skills in social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test.
Each recognising organisation sets its own entry requirements. In some cases both modules may be accepted. If you are in doubt as to which module to take, you should contact the organisation you are applying to in order to check their requirements.
Candidates are tested in four areas:
|Listening||4 sections, 40 items, 30 minutes|
|Reading||3 sections, 40 items, 60 minutes|
|Writing||2 tasks (150 and 250 words), 60 minutes|
Everyone takes the same Listening and Speaking tests. There are different Reading and Writing tests for the Academic and General Training modules. The Listening, Reading and Writing tests must be completed on the same day. There are no breaks between the three written tests.
The Speaking test is a face-to-face interview with a certified Examiner. It is interactive and as close to a real-life situation as a test can get. Depending on your test centre, the Speaking test may be offered on the same day or up to a week before or after the other parts.
You receive individual band scores for Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking and an Overall Band Score on a band scale from one to nine: 1 (the lowest) to 9 (the highest). There is no pass or fail in IELTS.
Many universities require a score of between 6 – 7 points on IELTS for undergraduate programs. Please check directly with your chosen university for exact entry requirements.
|8||Very good user|
|3||Extremely limited user|
Results become available 13 calendar days after the test date. They are sent by mail to the institutions you have chosen. You can check your exam results online.