For the third consecutive year English Academy is pleased to announce a new scholarship programme for the Academic year 2013-2014 with additional prizes and places on our courses.
Children and young people aged 10 to 25 years can apply until May 31 2013 by submitting an essay on the following topic:
"Why is English important to you and how do you think it will benefit you in the future"
The essay should be written by the individual without help from another person and will be assessed by the teachers and Director of English Academy. There is no need to have perfect English to apply and applications from lower level students are welcomed.
The authors of the ten best essays in each age group will be invited for the second round of the contest, which will take place on 16 June 2013.
The finalists will be assesed on creativity and originality, not their level of English.
SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Each candidate can participate in the first round with only one essay;
- The essay must be in English, handwritten, and no longer than 1 side of A4 paper;
- Deadline for sending your essays: 31 May 2013;
- Children and young people aged 10 to 25 years can apply
- Candidates will be split into two age groups: 10-15 year olds and 16-25 year olds.
- Please send the essays to the address of the English Academy in Varna: 48 Preslav Str. Please attach your contact details, telephone number, age and email.
- The authors of the ten best essays in each age group will be announced by 6 June 2013 and invited for the second round of the contest, which will take place on 16 June 2013.
- The author of the best essay in each age group will be awarded with a scholarship at English Academy for the next academic year;
- Ruuner up prizes of a scholarship at English Academy for three months.
AIM OF THE COMPETITION:
- To provoke young peoples` creativity;
- To find out original points of view;
- To promote the role of English in the formation and development of culture and education in modern life;
- Тo find and encourage children and young people with outstanding abilities and interests in personal development.
Age group 10-15 years old:
1st place: Emanuil Martinov – wins a full academic year scholarship at English Academy;
2nd places (tied): Alexander Stoykov, Krastiyana Angelova and Bella Dimitrova – win a three month English course;
Tazmira Tahtakesen, Nora Hristova and Gabrina Stoycheva win a discount for a course at English Academy.
Age group 16-25 years old:
Joint 1st place: Katerina Tsenova and Gloriya Gocheva – win a full academic year scholarship at English Academy;
Doroteya Ivanova, Olesya Ivanova, Sonya Nikolova, Ivelin Ivanov and Mariya Rostamloo win a discount for a course at English Academy.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!!