We offer a full range of courses from Beginner (A1) through to Proficiency (C2) which are suitable for people wishing to increase their overall level of English.
Before you start your course, during the registration periods we will test your current knowledge of English, to make sure you are placed in a group at the right level.
Upcoming general English courses in Plovdiv
SPRING TERM 2016: Start 4 April 2016; Registration : 21 March - 1 April 2016
SUMMER TERM 2016: Start 11 July 2016; Registration: 20 June - 1 July 2016
AUTUMN TERM 2016: Start 26 September 2016; Registration: 1 - 21 September 2016
Autumn, Winter and Spring terms: 12 weeks
Summer term: 8 weeks
Autumn, Winter and Spring terms: 4 hours per week, 60 minutes each
Summer term: 6 hours per week, 60 minutes each
|Average class size||
Maximum class size
Our General English courses cover all aspects of English language. The main focus is on developing speaking and listening skills, and increasing vocabulary, aiming to help you to use English effectively in general, everyday situations.
We encourage the students to take an active part in lessons. You will be expected to participate as much as possible. You will work individually, in pairs and groups as well as the whole class. Your teacher will correct your spoken and written errors so that you will become more accurate and you will progress quickly. Each week you will be given homework.
You will study with a course book but your teacher will also use other teaching resources in your lessons. The book may account for only around half of the lesson. Other resources include self made materials by the teacher, audio CDs, DVDs, magazines and newspapers and extra study materials.
We believe communication in English is vital, therefore it is one of the main focuses in our courses. No matter what your level is, English is the only language spoken in class. Even beginners will be using English from the start . Traditional grammar and vocabulary exercises interlock with interesting reading and listening comprehension exercises, pair work, projects, discussions and role-plays. The aim of all our courses is to help our students use English more effectively, to be able to communicate in English in real situations – at school, at work and in everyday life.
We use a communicative approach, step by step we help you increase your knowledge and ability in English.
There are eight levels in our system, Beginners through to Proficiency. See what your level means for more details. Each level is broken down into an A and B part, and you can expect to study around half a level per course.
The syllabus for your lessons is based on your coursebook, but your teacher will also use various other teaching resourses/materials, including suggestions from students so the content of the class is useful and interesting. All books and study materials you receive are free.
You will take a Progress Test in the middle of your course and an end term test, to test your speaking, reading and writing skills. A final grade of A, B or C means you’ve successfully completed the course and can move on to the next level.
After Pre Intermediate level you can chose between General or Business English. We encourage our students to sit for the Cambridge ESOL examinations when they reach the highest levels. For these students we offer exam preparation courses.
- Designed to help you improve your general ability to communicate in English;
- Improve your English skills for work, studies or general use;
- Improve your fluency;
- Improve all areas of English: listening, speaking, reading, writing; you will also learn new grammar and vocabulary;
- Improve your English level quickly and effectively while gaining confidence;
- Improve your real understanding of English in everyday situations and contexts.
What can I expect from the course?
- Highly qualified teachers - native speakers with minimum 3 years professional experience;
- Free Students book for all 48 hour courses and free supplementary materials;
- English only is encouraged in the classroom to improve your level quicker;
- Regular homework;
- Mid term and final tests;
- Small groups of average 8, maximum 12 students;
- Modern fully equipped classrooms, offerring pleasant atmosphere;
- Communication approach to teaching, consolidate your grammar and practice through speaking;
- Written and spoken test on your first day to assess your level of English and to place you in a class appropriate for you;
- End-of-course certificate.